How To Post Your News
Is Your Site Listed?
Your site must first be listed in Directory Sphere before you can post a live news announcement. If it is listed you can find it by searching for the domain name in quotes e.g. "www.directorysphere.com"
Getting Your "Access Key"
Once you've found your listing:
- Click "Modify" link.
- Enter the password you used when submitting the listing.
- Click "Generate Key".
This will generate an access key that you will need to use everytime you want to post a news announcement so it is best to make a note of your access key and keep it in a safe place.
Note: If you can't remember the password you used when submitting the listing you can reset your password and use the new one that will be emailed to you.
Fill in the Form
Once you have your access code you need to fill in a simple post live news form.
When you click "Post News Item" your story will be sent to Directory Sphere for publication, any errors will be reported to you. If success is reported then your news item will be immediately visible on Directory Sphere and at the bottom of the form you will be given the option to "Delete This News Item" clicking it will immediately remove your news item from Directory Sphere.
Note: You MUST NOT repeatedly push test news items to Directory Sphere, doing so will result in complete removal of your content and ALL listings.
You will be able to see your news item on the latest news page until more news items arrive pushing your item to one of the tag pages and then finally dropping it from the news list.
You MUST NOT post news items containing:
- Violent content
- Illicit drugs and drug paraphernalia
- Gambling or casino related content
- Content regarding programmes which compensate users for clicking on ads or offers, performing searches, surfing websites or reading emails
- Deceptive or manipulative content.
- Sales or promotion of weapons or ammunition
- Sales or promotion of beer or hard alcohol
- Sales or promotion of tobacco or tobacco related products
- Sales or promotion of prescription drugs
- Sales or promotion of products that are replicas or imitations of designer goods
- Sales or distribution of term papers or student essays
- Any other content that is illegal, promotes illegal activity or infringes on the legal rights of others.